Serves: 9 large dogs (one muffin may be too much for a smaller dog at one time)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 3 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- Pre-heat oven to 300°.
- Lightly grease 9 muffin cups.
- Combine carrots, eggs, and oil until well blended.
- Slowly add cinnamon, oats, and flour to mixture until well blended.
- Shape muffins with hands and place in muffin pans.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting, blend cream cheese and shortening with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Place frosting in a pastry bag with a star tip, and pipe a large circle on the perimeter, coming closer to the center in three concentric circles on the top of the muffin. You can also spread frosting on the muffins with a spatula.
- If desired, garnish with a cookie.