|We have very little lighting in our under-construction Kitchen, which doesn't result in very delicious looking photographs..|
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- Salt to taste
- 1 15 ounce can of mandarin oranges, juice reserved
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Shredded coconut
- Spray Crockpot with non-stick spray and sprinkle with a little salt. Place chicken in Crockpot.
- Place mandarin oranges on top of chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine mandarin orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, ginger and cornstarch. Stir until combined. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 hours on low, then a half hour on high. (Cook time could vary depending on thickness of chicken. Mine wasn't extremely thick.)
- Sprinkle coconut over chicken, and stir so that the chicken gets totally coated with the sauce, oranges and coconut. Serve over rice.