Serves: Enough to frost roughly 1-1/2 cake mixes
- 1 2 lb. bag of confectioners sugar (it's better if it doesn't have cornstarch in it)
- 2 cups Crisco
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon flavoring (butter, lemon, almond, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons of WARM water (amount could vary. Add water until frosting is correct consistency)
- Combine all ingredients using a mixer until it is very smooth.
- Add food coloring until it is your desired color.
- To easily measure Crisco, get a large glass measuring cup. Fill it with water to the 2 cup line (or how ever much Crisco you need). Then add spoonfuls of Crisco until the water line rises to double the amount you need (4 cups in this case). Dump out the water, and then spoon the Crisco into your mixing bowl. It is easier and neater than using a metal/plastic measuring cup.
- Frosting can be refrigerated for quite some time, and can be frozen for even longer.