Three of my favorite ingredients.. chicken, pineapple, and my new favorite, ginger. This is the perfect busy weeknight dinner. It took less than 5 minutes to prepare (the oven took longer heating up), dirtied 2 things (a bowl and the pan), and you most likely have all the ingredients already. To me, that is weeknight perfection.
~ 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
~ 1-2 teaspoons rosemary
~ salt (to taste)
~ pepper (to taste)
~ 1 can of sliced pineapple
~ frozen broccoli or thinly sliced green onions
~ 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°.
2. Combine the salt, pepper and rosemary in a bowl, then use to coat the chicken breasts.
3. Place the chicken in a 9x13 glass pan and sprinkle the broccoli or onions around the chicken (we don't eat onions, which the original recipe called for. I used frozen chopped broccoli).
4. In a small bowl, combine the juice from the can of pineapple with the ground ginger. Beat until the ginger is completely dissolved. Pour over the chicken. It will look like a lot of juice, but you need to use all of it.
5. Bake, uncovered, for about 35 minutes. Baste with juices several times.
6. After 35 minutes, add the pineapple slices on top of the chicken (half the can would be sufficient. We like pineapple so I used all of them).
7. Bake for another 5-10 minutes, depending on your oven. Serve over rice, with the juices drizzled on top.