- Pizza or Italian Bread Dough
- Corn Meal
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° or 400°.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a cookie sheet.
- Kneed dough into a circle, then roll it into a rectangle.
- Put some sauce, pepperoni and cheese on one end, then roll the dough up over the sauce. Repeat until you're out of dough.
- Brush some water on the ends to help "glue" it shut, then fold the edges closed. The water will prevent sauce/cheese spillage while baking.
- Cover with a towel. Let it rise in a warm spot for a half hour.
- Spray with a little vegetable oil.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Shelley: Very easy to make. Some variations: add 1 tbsp. each of garlic, Italian seasoning and oregano to the dough, instead of pepperoni, add ham or sausage.
Ryan: Great appetizer for parties or addition to Italian dinners. Adding too much sauce makes it difficult to roll, and results in something that is very messy to eat. If you're using block cheese, slice it rather than shredding it. It'll melt more consistently.