- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used ground ginger)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (I used 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4" strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups (8 ounces) thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (I omitted)
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely shredded (I cut into thin slices)
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix soy sauce, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir in chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. If you don't have time, only refrigerating for 5 or 10 minutes works as well.
- Mix orange juice and 2 teaspoons cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add chicken and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink (approximately 4-6 minutes). Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and carrots and stir fry until vegetables are tender (approximately 3 minutes). Stir in chicken and orange juice mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir about 30 seconds or until thickened. Serve over rice.