Serves: About 5 Dozen
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips (I omitted)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid, almond extract and food coloring on medium speed until blended. On low speed, beat in flour and salt. Stir in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. On a cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets, and put on a cooling rack for 20-30 minutes.
- Place baking chips in a 1 quart freezer bag. Microwave on high for 35-50 seconds, squeezing chips in bag every 15 seconds, until chips are melted and smooth. Cut a small tip from bottom corner of bag and drizzle over cookies.