We love Chinese food in this house (which is shocking seeing as I had never had Chinese take-out before we started dating). We occasionally treat ourselves and order take-out, but lately I've been trying to re-create our favorite recipes at home. This is by far our favorite! Not only was it a great dinner, it would also make a great appetizer at a party.
~ 4 boneless chicken breasts
~ Salt and pepper
~ 1 cup cornstarch
~ 2 eggs
~ 1/4 cup vegetable oil
~ 3/4 cup sugar
~ 4 tablespoons ketchup
~ 1/2 cup vinegar
~ 1 tablespoon soy sauce
~ 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Pre-heat oven to 325°.
2. Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Add vegetable oil.
3. Set up a bowl with the eggs (beaten) and a bowl with the cornstarch. Cut chicken into small chunks and coat in cornsarch then egg.
4. Add chicken to heated pan and brown. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
5. Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish.
6. In a separate bowl, combine last 5 ingredients, and pour over chicken in the baking dish. Make sure all sides of each piece of chicken are coated in the sauce.
7. Bake for 1 hour, turning the chicken ever 15 minutes.
Source: Brown Eyed Baker