Friday, March 2, 2012

Brownie Cupcakes

My new, favorite, go-to dessert recipe. I don't think I'll ever make "normal" cupcakes ever again! This was another dessert picture that caught my eye on Pinterest. I decided to make them for Valentine's Day with strawberry cake mix and white buttercream frosting (and, of course, heart sprinkles). They were a huge hit! I'm making them again for a party tomorrow with lemon cake mix and chocolate frosting, combining my favorite cupcake combination with brownies. My mouth is already drooling..

Makes: About 42 cupcakes

Ingredients:
  ~ 1 box of cake mix (any flavor) (Duncan Hines is dairy-free)
  ~ 1 box of brownie mix (again, Duncan Hines is dairy-free)
  ~ Ingredients necessary to prepare cake and brownie mixes

Directions:
1.  Pre-heat oven to 350°.

2. In one bowl, prepare cake mix according to box. In another bowl, prepare brownie mix according to box.

3. Line cupcake pans with papers.

4. Fill cupcake papers 1/3 full with brownie batter and another 1/3 full with cake mix (I used about 1 spoonful of brownie and 2 spoonfuls of cake because I was running out of brownie batter).

5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the cupcake bounces back when you touch it. You want to be careful not to over-bake them because the brownie will get too hard and stick to the paper.

6. Frost with your favorite frosting. I used my recipe for Decorator's Frosting.


Source: iheart2stamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment