Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lazy "Sunday" Casserole

I have been on a roll with new recipes lately!! And all of them have been amazing! This one I found through Pinterest (a GREAT place to find new, different recipes). I have been very busy with work lately, so the main thing that appealed to me about this recipe was that it was called a "lazy" casserole. And it lived up to that name. I cut potatoes in quarters and cooked some sausage in a frying pan. That's all I had to do for a delicious dinner. Another appealing thing about this recipe is that all of the ingredients are staples that I always have on hand.. so it's a quick, easy dinner any night!


Serves: 2

Ingredients:
  ~ 2 or 3 large potatoes
  ~ 1/2 pound baby carrots
  ~ 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  ~ 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
  ~ 1/2 cup chicken broth
  ~ 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  ~ black pepper
  ~ salt (I used Sicilian salt.. my favorite)
  ~ 4 tablespoons balsamic or apple cider vinegar
  ~ 4 Italian sausages

Directions:
1.  Peel, wash and quarter potatoes. Place in bottom of 11x17 glass baking pan with the baby carrots.

2. In a glass bowl, combine oil, Italian seasoning, broth and garlic powder. Combine using a whisk. Pour over potatoes and carrots (mix using a spoon, ensuring that potatoes and carrots are fully coated).

3. Cover with tin foil and bake at 450° for 45 minutes.

4. About a half hour later, brown the sausage in a frying pan. They don't need to be fully cooked. Slice in half.

5.  After 45 minutes the potatoes should be fork tender (If not, put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so). Add the sausages to the pan. My potatoes had started to stick to the bottom of the pan, so I loosened them and mixed everything up so that everything would cook consistently.  Pour the vinegar over the top of the pan, and put it back in the oven, uncovered, for another 20-25 minutes.


Source: kayotic.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment