- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (I omitted)
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I omitted)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb diced ham
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I omitted)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella or Swiss cheese (I omitted)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and then cook in a skillet. Once the chicken has cooled, shred it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chicken and ham and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the butter. Once it is melted, stir in the flour, salt and pepper.
- When everything is combined, slowly stir in the chicken broth, and then the rice.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. If you sprinkled cheese on top, cover with tin foil for the last 10 minutes or so.