Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
One of the most delicious desserts ever! Took awhile to make because I had to make my own condensed milk, but worth it.
~ 1 package yellow cake mix
~ 1/2 cup butter, melted
~ 1 cup creamy peanut butter
~ 2 eggs
~ 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
~ 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (I used this recipe)
~ 2 tablespoons butter
~ 2 teaspoons vanilla
~ 1 cup coconut (I didn't add this, but I'll definitely give it a shot next time)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325°.
2. In a mixer bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs. Press into a 9x13 baking pan, reserving 1 1/2 cup of mixture in a separate bowl.
3. In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips, milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut.
4. Spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture in pan. Crumble the remaining 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter mixture over the top.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything