- 1/3 bag of Egg Noodles
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted Margarine (I use Fleischmann's)
- 2 Chicken Tenderloins/1 Chicken Breast
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- Assorted vegetables (beans, peas, etc.)
- 4 tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup (approx.) Bread Crumbs (I use 4C Salt Free Seasoned Bread Crumbs. They have to be the Salt Free ones, as the regular 4C Bread Crumbs have cheese).
- Cook noodles in lightly salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Dice chicken into chunks, then fully cook.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add grated carrots and vegetable(s).
- Cook until tender, and until the vegetables have soaked up most of the butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and stir until bubbly and thick.
- Add chicken and noodles, and stir until they are coated.
- Spoon into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake at 400° for about 20-25 minutes, or until the top has browned slightly and the casserole is bubbly.
Shelley: So good, and relatively easy to make. I'm glad I finally found a noodle casserole without cream of something soup in it!
Ryan: Really good and really filling.