Friday, September 4, 2009

Chicken and Summer Squash Skillet

Source: Suite 101

Ingredients: (amounts depend on amount of chicken... I just eyeballed the amounts myself)

  • Chicken breasts or tenderloins
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Paprika
  • Olive Oil
  • Chicken Broth
  • Zucchini (I omitted)
  • Yellow Summer Squash
  •  Basil
Directions: 
  1. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
  2. Heat olive oil in a skillet until medium hot.
  3. Cook chicken in oil until brown on both sides.
  4. Reduce heat to low, add chicken broth, cover and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
  5. While chicken is simmering, cut squash into small cubes (about 1/2").
  6. Add squash to chicken pan.  Sprinkle with basil, then cover for approximately 5 minutes (or until squash is cooked to desired texture).
Review:

Chicken and summer squash are two of my favorite foods, so needless to say, this meal went over really well. I usually steam summer squash, but my steamer is no longer useable, so I needed to find a new way to prepare squash. I found this recipe, and it was so fast and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment