Ingredients: (amounts depend on amount of chicken... I just eyeballed the amounts myself)
- Chicken breasts or tenderloins
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Zucchini (I omitted)
- Yellow Summer Squash
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet until medium hot.
- Cook chicken in oil until brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to low, add chicken broth, cover and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- While chicken is simmering, cut squash into small cubes (about 1/2").
- Add squash to chicken pan. Sprinkle with basil, then cover for approximately 5 minutes (or until squash is cooked to desired texture).
Chicken and summer squash are two of my favorite foods, so needless to say, this meal went over really well. I usually steam summer squash, but my steamer is no longer useable, so I needed to find a new way to prepare squash. I found this recipe, and it was so fast and easy.