- Italian or French Bread
- Olive Oil
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Slice bread to desired thickness. I sliced mine approximately 1/2" thick.
- Brush olive oil on bread.
- In a bowl mix tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto bread.
- Cook in an oven (I used a convection toaster oven) for approximately 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Serve as an appetizer, or side dish with pasta.
Delicious! Easy to make, and a welcome change from garlic bread or buttered bread with dinner.