- 6 Slices of Bread
- 5 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 10 oz. Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Breakfast Sausage
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease 13x9 pan.
- Toast bread. Cut into cube and place on bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of bread cubes.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese. (For dairy-free, just eliminate the cheese)
- Fry approximately 8 slices of bacon. Crumble over top of cheese.
- Fry approximately 1/2 lb. of sausage. Sprinkle over top of bacon.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Brunch was success! Everyone loved it, and we even had enough leftover for another breakfast for the two of us.
Can be made a day ahead of time. Prepare and bake as instructed, then simply reheat in the oven until it bubbles.
Me: The dairy-free version was a little dry. Since it was only 1 serving, I only added 1 egg. I think that it needed one more.
Him: Delicious! Best breakfast idea ever!