- Chicken (For two of us I used two chicken tenderloins)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Italian or Pizza Seasoning (Garlic, Basil, Oregano and Parsley)
- Pizza Dough (I used one bag of store-bought dough)
- Pizza Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Grease a pie pan.
- Cook chicken, breaking the pieces into small chunks.
- Flatten a piece of dough to approximately a 2" diameter circle.
- For the dairy-free version, add a small dollop of pizza sauce (too much makes the balls too messy). For the non-dairy-free version, add a small dollop of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add a couple pieces of chicken on top of the sauce/cheese.
- Curl up the edges of dough, stretching it enough to form a ball. Roll it slightly in your hands to help it keep the ball shape. Push all of the edges together on the bottom.
- Place in pie pan, with seam on the bottom.
- Drizzle olive oil and Italian Seasoning over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400°. (I baked mine for 20 minutes)
- Serve with pizza sauce.
Makes a great appetizer! According to Lauren's Kitchen, they can be pre-made and refrigerated or frozen, though I haven't tried this.
Shelley: The dairy-free balls were a little messy to make because of the sauce. Next time I will make these balls larger and with less sauce. The balls with cheese were very easy to assemble.
Ryan: Delicious. Filling. Would make a good appetizer. Not overly cheesy, but this isn't a bad thing. Maybe try with sausage.