Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits. It's like potato chips.. you eat one and before you know it you've eaten all of them. Blueberries were crazy cheap at our favorite grocery store last week so I bought a bunch... and what better to make than blueberry muffins!
Makes: 1 dozen (I doubled the recipe and made 12 big muffins and 24 mini muffins)
~ 1 3/4 cup flour
~ 1/3 cup sugar
~ 2 teaspoons baking powder
~ 1/4 teaspoon salt
~ 1 egg, beaten
~ 3/4 cup soy milk
~ 1/4 cup vegetable oil
~ 3/4 cup blueberries, washed (I used the whole container when I doubled it)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a wooden spoon.
3. Using the spoon, create a bowl out of the dry mixture.
4. In a separate bowl combine egg, soy milk and oil. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture "bowl".
5. Stir until moistened... not too much though. Lumps are good. Fold in blueberries.
6. Spoon batter using an ice cream scoop into muffin pan (if you're not using muffin papers, spray the pan with cooking spray). Each muffin cup should be approximately 2/3 full. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a cake tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the muffins to cool for about 5 minutes and serve warm with butter.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book: Bridal Edition