Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Double Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies

I made these for a couple bbq's over 4th of July weekend. They went over really really well.. as in they disappeared within minutes! And of course, like the blogger I got the recipe from, I also taste tested them while I was making them. Seriously delicious cookies!

One of the bbq's was also for my aunt's birthday, and she is the biggest Oreo fan I've ever met, so they were perfect for her party! They were Oreo fan approved!

Makes: 3 1/2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
  ~ 2 1/2 cups flour
  ~ 1 teaspoon baking soda
  ~ 1/4 teaspoon salt
  ~ 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  ~ 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  ~ 2 cups granulated sugar
  ~ 2 eggs
  ~ 2 teaspoons vanilla
  ~ 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  ~ 1 cup chopped (or crushed) Oreo cookies (about 8 Oreos)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°.

2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.


3. In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended.


4. Gradually add flour-cocoa mixture until everything is well combined.


5. With a wooden spoon, mix in Oreos and chocolate chips.


6. Using a tablespoon, drop cookies onto a cookie sheet (I usually use an ice cream scoop to get evenly sized cookies).


7. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack (I played around with these times and found that 9 minutes in the oven and 3 minutes cooling worked the best for me).


8. Eat a couple, just to test them before anyone else gets their hands on them!


Source: Two Peas and Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment