I love anything lemon, and while this was really good, it didn't have enough lemon for me. The glaze smelled amazing though!! Next time I make it I'll be adding more lemon juice.
~ 1/3 cup water
~ 1 tablespoon lemon juice
~ 2 teaspoons cornstarch
~ 2 tablespoons honey
~ 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
~ 1 cup uncooked instant white rice
~ 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
~ 1/2 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
~ 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Combine water, lemon juice, cornstarch, honey and lemon peel. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
2. Cook rice according to package (for me it was 1 cup of water for 1 cup of dry rice, cooked in the microwave for 5 minutes).
3. In a medium-sized skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the cubed chicken when the oil is hot enough. Cook until brown.
4. Stir glaze mixture again (in case anything settled while you were cooking the chicken), then pour into the skillet.
5. Constantly stir the glaze until all of the chicken is coated and the glaze has thickened.
6. Serve over rice.
Source: Betty Crocker