Source: My version of a recipe by Paved with Good Intentions
- 1 box of pasta (we used rigatoni)
- 1 tub of ricotta (optional... we omitted)
- 1 egg
- Italian Seasoning (garlic, oregano, basil, etc)
- A LOT of tomato sauce (at least 5 cups)
- Pizza toppings (we used Italian seasoned chicken, sausage (which was in the sauce), pepperoni and broccoli)
- 2 1/2 cups Mozzarella (optional)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (plus some to sprinkle) (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare any necessary pizza toppings (broccoli, eggplant, sausage, ground beef, etc).
- In the words of Paved with Good Intentions, spray the crap out of a 9x13 baking pan. (Because I had to make one with cheese and one without, I used two smaller CorningWare pans.)
- Mix the entire pan of pasta with one egg, the tub of ricotta and the seasonings of your choice. (I didn't have any ricotta, so I added 2/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan to the pasta/egg mixture.)
- Spread 2 cups of sauce in the bottom of the baking pan, being sure to cover the entire bottom.
- Layer half of the pasta on top of the sauce.
- The next layer is the pizza toppings layer. Put as many, or as few, pizza toppings as you'd like.
- On top of the pizza toppings add 2 cups of mozzarella. (I only used about 1/2 cup of mozzarella on the cheese one because it was in a smaller pan.)
- Pour another 2 cups of sauce on top of the cheese layer.
- Then repeat (another layer of pasta and another layer of pizza toppings).
- Top it off with another layer of mozzarella and some sprinkled Parmesan. On the cheese free version, top it off with another layer of sauce. I also put some more pepperoni, just because I loove crunchy pepperoni.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.