Perfect for cookouts! And when you randomly have 4 pounds of strawberries in your refrigerator...
~ 1 angel food cake (about 10 oz) (I only used about half of the cake)
~ 1 box strawberry Jello (6 oz)
~ 2 cups boiling water
~ 1 lb frozen sliced strawberries **
~ 1 cup cold water
~ Cool Whip (optional)
1. Cut up angel food cake into small pieces. Spread over the bottom of a 13x9 pan.
2. In a separate bowl, prepare the jello according to the package (mix 2 cups boiling water with jello until dissolved. Then add cold water). Add the strawberries to the bowl and mix well.
3. Pour the strawberry mixture over the top of the angel food cake. Use a spoon to push down some of the pieces of angel food cake, so that they absorb the jello.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator until the jello sets (I made this in the morning for an evening cookout and left it in there for about 7 or 8 hours).
5. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream (or not :)).
** I used fresh strawberries, sliced in a bowl with sugar. I lost count how many strawberries I used, but the amount doesn't really matter. Use as many as you'd like!