Thursday, May 31, 2012

Italian Hash Brown Dinner

These potatoes are always on sale at our grocery store. I love to make scrambled eggs with them, but I had some extra left over in the fridge and you need to use them within 3 days. So... this recipe was on the back of the bag.

Ingredients:
  ~ 1/4 lb ground beef
  ~ 1/4 package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
  ~ 1/4 cup chopped onion (I omitted)
  ~ 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (I omitted)
  ~ 1 can diced tomatoes (un-drained)
  ~ 1/4 teaspoon salt (I used Sicilian salt)
  ~ Italian-style frozen green beans (my own addition)

Directions:
1.  In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and onion. Once cooked, add the potatoes and mushrooms. Stir in, then flatten in an even layer, covering the whole skillet. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until slightly brown on the bottom.

2.  Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on top, then flip the potato/beef mixture. Cook for another 6-7 minutes.

3.  Stir in tomatoes, green beans and salt. Cook until the beans are fully cooked. You may also top with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.


Source: Simply Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment