Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dairy-Free Whipped Cream

I've never been able to have Whipped Cream... but whenever it is at a family gathering, I love to smell it. I know that sounds weird, but it just smells amazing! Out of all of the dairy things that I've never been able to have, the only one I've ever really wanted was whipped cream. Cheese? Eck. Milk? Eck. Whipped cream? mmmmm I didn't think that this recipe was over the top delicious, and neither did my real whipped cream loving husband, but I think it's okay mixed with other things, or on top of fruit. By itself, it leaves a kinda strange aftertaste..

Serves: Not very many..

Ingredients:
  ~ 1/4 cup soy milk
  ~ 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  ~ 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  ~ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Pour soy milk and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a blender. Combine on highest speed.

2. Drizzle remaining (1/4 cup) vegetable oil in, and continue blending.

3. Add maple syrup and vanilla (original recipe said to only add vanilla if you weren't using vanilla soy milk. I used vanilla soy milk and still thought it needed it.)

4. If it isn't thick enough, you can add more vegetable oil. It doesn't get all fluffy and thick like regular whipped cream though because soy milk doesn't have the fat that regular milk/cream does.

No comments:

Post a Comment