This recipe has been passed down from my grandmother to my mom to me.. It's not your typical Thanksgiving stuffing..
~ 2 1/2 sticks unsalted margarine
~ 4 stalks of celery, chopped
~ 1 onion, chopped
~ poultry seasoning
~ 2 cups chicken broth
~ 1 box Bell stuffing
~ 2 lbs ground beef
~ 1 roll of sausage
1. Melt 1 stick of butter in a large frying pan.
2. Chop the celery and onion and add to the melted butter. Allow them to cook for a minute or two, to soak up some of the butter.
3. Add the meat, using a wooden spatula to break the beef and sausage into small-ish pieces. Sprinkle salt, pepper and poultry seasoning over the pan.
4. In a separate pan, melt the remaining butter.
5. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, butter and chicken broth.
6. Gradually add to the pan of meat and mix well.
7. Cool completely before putting in the turkey.