Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tropical Rice

I absolutely love rice! I eat a lot of it. And this is one of my favorite ways to make it. It combines rice with two of my other favorite foods, pineapple and coconut, and is incredibly simple! I always make much more than we can possibly eat for dinner, just to make sure that I have leftovers for lunch the next day.

Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:
  ~ 2 cups of uncooked rice (regular or instant)
  ~ 1 can of crushed pineapple (roughly 20 ounces)
  ~ 1/4 cup of shredded coconut

Directions:
1. Cook the rice. Doesn't matter if you do this on the stovetop or in the microwave. Just prepare it however you usually do.

2. In a large baking dish (I use a large Corningware dish), mix the cooked rice, coconut and pineapple. You don't have to use the amounts of coconut and pineapple that I listed above. Add as much or as little as you'd like.

3. Bake in a pre-heated oven for roughly 15-20 minutes. I never cook it at the same temperature or for the same amount of time. I usually make this when I'm cooking something else in the oven, and just keep checking on it to make sure it isn't burning. You do want the top to look a little crispy though.. that's what adds to the amazing taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment